Create an Email Template for Web-to-Lead Form Links
This procedure uses merge fields in an email message template to send unique Web-to-Lead Forms links to each Address Book entry in an automated campaign. Before completing this procedure, you should familiarize yourself with the use of merge fields in email messages in automated campaigns.
- In the Campaigns page, select the Message Library icon from the toolbar.
- Click New.
The Campaign Message Editor dialog box opens.
- From the Format drop-down list, select HTML.
- Enter your email message.
- Place the cursor in the location where you want to insert a link to your Web-to-Lead Form and click the Hyperlink Manager button.
- Fill in the information for the hyperlink, and click OK.
- In the URL field, enter the full URL where your Web-to-Lead Form is hosted and add the [WebFormID] merge field to the end.
Your URL might look something like this:
WebFormAddress[WebFormID], where WebFormAddress is the full URL of your Web-to-Lead Form.
For example, your URL might look something like:
http://www.mycompany.com/webtoleadform.html[WebFormID] where “http://www.mycompany.com/webtoleadform.html” is the URL of the Web-to-Lead Form.
- When the email is sent, the [WebFormID] merge field generates unique identifiers for each Address Book entry which are passed to the Web-to-Lead Form as URL parameters.
- In the Link Text field, enter the text you want the link to appear as to the recipient. If you leave this field blank, the full URL will appear as the link in your message.
- If you want to display a tooltip when the recipient hovers over the link, enter it in the Tooltip field..
- Click OK then Save.
The Add Campaign Message dialog box opens.
- Enter the properties of the campaign message, and click OK.
The email campaign message is added to the Campaign Message Library and can be used in a campaign activity to send a link to the Web-to-Lead Form to your Address Book entries.
When the email template is added to a campaign activity and sent to subscribed Address Book entries, the [WebFormID] merge field is merged to create a unique link to the Web-to-Lead Form for each of the email recipients. When a recipient clicks on the link, they are directed to the form which will update their Address Book entry.