Add an Email Activity to an Automated Campaign Template
An email activity is an email message that is sent out a certain number of days after an automated campaign is launched using a campaign template. You can add as many email activities as you want.
- Select Edit.
- Select Automated Campaign Templates.
- Select the Automated Campaign Template you want to add the activity to, and click Next.
- Click Add.
- Select Email.
- Enter the details of the activity.
- Enter the Name and Description.
- Enter the Email subject.
- From the Email type drop-down list, select an email type.
- Enter the Delay start, which defines the number of days after the campaign is launched that the activity occurs.
- Specify the Start time, which defines the time of day the activity occurs.
- Under Message Body, click More > Select Existing Message to access the list of saved messages.
Select an existing message and click OK to attach the message to the activity.
- Choose your Logging options.
- Select the Email Addresses tab and specify the email addresses associated with the message.
- The name and email address of the From account are visible in the email message.
- The name and email address of the Reply To account are used when email recipients reply to the email message.
- If you leave this field empty, replies are sent to the From address.
- The Cc and Bcc fields define a carbon copy or blind carbon copy recipient. Use these options to send a copy of the email message to someone in your company, as well as to the targeted recipients.
- Use the Include in all the emails or Include in the first email only options to specify that the Cc and Bcc recipients receive the message for each Address Book entry or for just the first Address Book entry in a batch.
- Select the Attachments tab.
- Click Add to add any attachments to the email message.
- Select the Landing Page URLs tab.
- Specify up to five landing page URLs in the email message.
- Click OK and continue through the Campaign Template wizard.