Set a User-Defined Field as Mandatory Given Conditions
Use this procedure to set a user-defined field as mandatory when a specified rule is matched. This procedure applies only to user-defined fields for Address Book entries or Opportunities.
- In the left navigation pane, click Administration, and select Set Up User-Defined Fields.
- The Set Up User-Defined Fields dialog box opens.
- To search for a field, enter all or part of a field name in the search box and click the search icon.
- Click on the User-defined field.
- In the Mandatory section, select Mandatory based on rule.
- In the text field, enter the rule.
Click Insert Field to add basic or User-defined fields to the rule.
- Click Save to finish.