Send an Email Message to Maximizer Entries
You can send emails to multiple Address Book entries from the main lists in the Address Book, Opportunities, Customer Service,and Hotlist pages and from the Contacts and Related Entries following panes. If you send the email message from the Address Book page, the message is sent to the selected Address Book entries. If you send the email message from another page, the email message is sent to the Address Book entries associated with the selected entries.
When sending an email you can select an optional email type. If the selected email type requires consent, the email will not be sent to any recipients who have not opted-in to the selected email type. If no email type is selected, the email will be sent without checking the email profiles of the recipients.
If no email type is configured in Maximizer then the default value will be blank for email type. You can manage the email profile and opt-in information for your Address Book entries in the Details tab of the following pane in the Address Book page.
When sending an email in Maximizer you can ensure that a copy of the email appears in your email application by choosing to automatically send a carbon copy (CC) of the email to yourself.
You can send an email message to the current entry, to all selected entries, or to the entire list of entries.
- Make a list of entries.
– or –
Select multiple entries:
- Click the checkbox to the left of entries.
- Select Actions > Write an Email.
– or –
Right-click and select Write an Email.
- Choose your the current list options, and click OK.
- If you are sending the email message to multiple Address Book entries, choose an option from the Send as drop-down list.
- Select Separately to send a separate email message to each Address Book entry.
- Select One email to send one email message to all the selected entries at once.
- Add more email recipients from the To, Cc, or Bcc buttons.
You can search the current Address Book . You can search by last name or by company. For entries with multiple email addresses, select the desired address from the drop-down list in the row for the entry.
- Enter a subject and the text of the email message.
Use the toolbar icons and font drop-down lists to format your message.
If you are sending email to a single Address Book entry or to multiple Address Book entries using the Separately option, you can insert merge fields into the message text.
To add a merge field, select the Merge Field icon and select the field from the Available Fields list.
When the message is sent, the field value corresponding to the Address Book entry, Customer Service case, or Opportunity is merged into the message.
- Click the Attach File icon to select file attachments to send with the email message.
- From the Email type drop-down list, select an email type.
- At the bottom of the Email box, set your logging options:
- Select Send a copy of this message to myself to automatically send a carbon copy of the email message to your email address.
- Select the Include message body in note option to save the message to the note created.
- Select the Save copy to entry’s documents option to save the message as a document for the entry.
- Select Include attachments to save email attachments along with the email message.
- In the Text for note field, enter any additional text you would like to log as part of the note created by the email message.
- Click the Logging Details button and then the Assign More button to log the email details to additional Address Book entries.
- Click Send.