Add a Note to an Entry
You can add notes to Address Book entries, Customer Service cases, Campaigns, and Opportunities. When you add or edit a note, you can add formatting and hyperlinks in the note.
You can add a note for the current entry in the Address Book, Opportunities, Campaigns, or Customer Service page, or for the Address Book entry associated with the current activity in the Hotlist page. You can add the note from the Details tab and the Notes tab in the following pane. You can also add a note to the current entry in the Contacts and Related Entries tab in the following pane.
- In the main list, click on the entry to make it the current entry.
– or –
In the Contacts or Related Entries tab of the following pane, click on the entry to make it the current entry.
- Select the Notes tab, and click Add.
– or –
In the following pane tab, select Details and under Actions, select Add a note.
- Enter the content of the note.
- Use the options in the toolbar to format the note.
- If necessary, select the Important icon to mark the note as important, and adjust the Full access, Read access, and Category fields in the note.
- Click OK.