Insert a Merge Field in a Microsoft Word Document
- With a document open in Word, place your cursor where you want to insert the merge field.
- In the Maximizer tab, click the top of the Insert Merge Field icon for a list of fields.
Click the arrow beside Insert Merge Field to select a Basic Merge Field from the drop-down list.
- From the list, select the type of merge field to insert.
To add the merge field as a link, select the Link checkbox.
Click Insert to add the merge field.
- Continue inserting merge fields until your document is complete. You may edit the document and reposition the cursor while the Insert Merge Field dialog box remains open.
- When you are finished inserting merge fields, click Close.
- If you are on the Address Book ‘Controlling’ Window and try to insert merge fields on a Word Document, the Merge field drop-down will only show Address Book and User.
- If you are on the Opportunities ‘Controlling’ Window you will see Address Book, User, and Opportunities.
If you are trying to create a Word template that includes Opportunity fields you must be on the Opportunities window.