Restricting Search Fields
If you only want to search for entries with a matching value in a specific field, you can restrict the search by entering the name of the field followed by a colon and the value to search for.
For example, if you only want to look for companies with the name "Maximizer", but you want to ignore companies where "Maximizer" appears in other fields, you would search for the following phrase:
The following keywords are supported by the quick search for Address Book entries:
- Name – Searches the first name, last name, and initial fields
- Company – Searches the company name field.
- Address – Searches all of the address fields.
- Phone – Searches all of the phone fields.
- Email – Searches all of the email fields
You can also use this notation to search for values in user-defined fields. For example, if you have a table user-defined field called "Region" in a "Customer Profile" folder, and you want to search for all entries with the value "International" in that field, you would search for the following phrase: