Send an Email to Your Customers
You can send an email to all your clients from the Address Book or you can perform an advanced search to select specific Address Book entries.
Retrieve the Entries
- Retrieve the list of entries you want to send an email to.
There are 3 methods to do this:
Select Entries from the Address Book
In the Address Book, click the boxes beside the entries you'd like to send an email to.
Click the top in the column setup bar to select all entries in the Address Book.
Perform an Advanced Search
- Select Search > Advanced Search.
- Click Add.
- Select your fields and click OK.
To search for a field, enter all or part of a field name in the search box and click the search icon.
- For each field selected in the previous step, select or specify values in the dialog box that is provided and click Add then press OK.
- For date fields, select Rolling date range to specify date values relative to the current date or select Specified date range to specify the exact values of the date.
- For alphanumeric, date, and numeric fields, specify values in the From and To fields to return any values within the range.
- If applicable, indicate under Search conditions whether to return entries that match all values, or that match one or more values.
- Select the Search for no value checkbox to search for entries where no value is assigned to the selected field.
- Specify the remaining search criteria in the Advanced Search dialog box.
To build a list of entries that excludes a certain group, as in a list of all Address Book entries except those in a certain state or province, use the Not Equal button.
- In the Modify current entries list area, select one of the options.
- Add search results to list displays the entries that match your search criteria, without removing any currently displayed entries from the list.
- Narrow list searches only selected entries (or all currently displayed entries if none are selected), and removes any entries that do not match your search criteria.
- Replace list with search results removes all entries currently displayed in the list and replaces them with entries that match your search criteria.
You can choose to further narrow the search by specifying options to include or omit sales leads.
- Click OK to run the search.
Retrieve Entries from a Favorite List
You can make a favorite list to send easily retrieve a specific entry list every time.
- Select the list of entries you would like to email.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the entries or click the checkbox above the entries to select all the entries in the list.
- Click View > Favorite Lists.
- Select Add to make a Favorite List.
- Give your Favorite List a name.
- In the Full Access and Read Access fields, select a Maximizer user or security group with access to the Favorite List.
Your Favorite List has been created.
- To open your Favorite List, select View > Favorite List.
- Select your Favorite List and click Retrieve.
Creating the Email
- Once you have retrieved your list,
Select Actions > Write an email.
Right-click and select Write an email.
- Select All selected entries if you handpicked your list.
Select All entries in the list if you used a favorite list or performed an advanced search.
- Type your email in the text box or click the Template icon to insert your email template.
- Choose an option from the Send as: drop-down list.
- Select Separately to send a separate email message to each Address Book entry.
- Select One email to send one email message to all the selected entries at once.
- Choose an Email type from the drop-down list.
- Before you send your email, set your Logging options:
If the email message contains attachments that are too large to save to the entry, you can clear this option.
- Select Send a copy of this message to myself to automatically send a carbon copy of the email message to your email address.
- Select the Include message body in note option to save the message to the note created.
- Select the Save copy to entry’s documents option to save the message as a document for the entry.
- Select Include attachments to save email attachments along with the email message.
- In the Text for note field, enter any additional text you would like to log as part of the note created by the email message.
- Click the Logging Details button and then the Assign More button to log the email details to additional Address Book entries.
- Click Send.