Convert an Individual to a Contact
Use this procedure to convert an Individual to a Contact of an existing Company or Individual. You can choose to create a new alternate address in the Company/Individual entry using the address of the Individual entry. All data is transferred to the new Contact entry and the original Individual is automatically deleted. Any Contacts associated with the Individual are also transferred to the Company/Individual.
- Click on the Individual entry to make it the current entry.
- Select Edit > Convert Individual to Contact.
– or –
Right-click, and select Convert Individual to Contact of a Company.
The Find Target Address Book Entry dialog box opens.
- Enter the search criteria, and click Search.
- Select the Company or Individual that the Individual is moving to, and click OK.
The Convert Individual dialog box opens.
- To create an alternate mailing address in the Company/Individual using the address of the Individual, select Create alternate mailing addresses from addresses in the source entry.
If the Individual entry has multiple addresses, all of the addresses will be copied to the Company/Individual entry.
- Click Yes to confirm the change.