Print a Note Report
The note report displays the content and properties of notes attached to entries. It can include specific notes or all notes attached to an entry or multiple entries in a list. You can filter out notes to include only notes matching specific criteria in the report.
You can print a note report for a single entry, multiple entries, or for all entries in a list in the Address Book, Opportunities, Campaigns, or Customer Service page. You can also open an entry and select specific notes to include in the report.
- Create a list of entries.
– or –
In a main list, select the entries for which you want to print notes.
– or –
Click on the entry to make it the current entry.
– or –
Open the entry and select the Notes tab.
- In an open entry, select any specific notes you want to include in the report.
- Select Report > Notes Report.
The Print Note Report dialog box opens.
– or –
In the View bar of the Notes tab in an open entry, select the Print Note(s) icon.
- Under Print Note Report for, select the entries to include in the report.
- If you are printing the report from a main page, the options refer to the entries in the main list.
- If you are printing the report from the Notes tab in an open entry, the options refer to the list of notes for the current entry.
- Specify criteria for filtering out notes from the report.
- In the Only print notes that contain the text field, enter text to include only notes that contain the text in the report.
- From the Creator and Full access drop-down lists, select values to include only notes matching the selected values.
- Under Print notes in the date range, select the date range for the notes to include in the report.
- Under Include notes of the following type, select the types of notes to include in the report.
- Under Print options, specify the content to include in the note report.
- Print the entire note includes all of the note content and properties.
- Print only the beginning of the note includes only the date, time, and a fragment of the note text.
- Include summary statistics includes the total number of each type of note in the report.
- Maintain HTML format includes formatting in the report. This option is available only if you are printing the entire note content.
- Click OK.
A new instance of the browser opens displaying the content of the report.
- Click Print.
- Specify the printing properties and finish printing the report in your browser.