Add a Competitor to an Opportunity
Competitors are other companies that are in competition to win the current Opportunity. You can add multiple competitors to an Opportunity, select Companies, Individuals, or Contacts as competitors. If you later lose the Opportunity, you can select the competitor who won while closing the Opportunity.
You can add any Address Book entry as a competitor in an Opportunity. You can also add a note about the competitor. While searching for the entry, you can restrict the search to only Address Book entries that are set as competitors.
- Click on the Opportunity to make it the current entry.
- In the following pane, select the Details tab, and click Edit.
- Next to Competitors, click Assign competitor.
- The Select Competitor dialog box opens.
- Search for the competitor by last name or company name.
- Select the entry and click OK.
- Optionally, in the Comment box, enter a comment for the competitor.
- Click Save.