Insights - Formula Editor
Insights - Formula editor overview
The Formula Editor is where Designers define formulas for a dashboard's widgets. This article is a high level introduction to the formulas to get you started. If you are familiar with the Formula Editor, and what to learn about different functions see Insights - Formula guide.
To open the Formula Editor:
- Do one of the following:
- For a new widget, click Select Data, and then .
- For an existing widget, click on the edit formula button .
The Formula Editor has two tabs, the Data Browser to select fields and the Functions tab to select formula operations. You can create a formula combining one or more function, field and filters. The diagram below highlights the main components of the formula panel.
- Functions are operations which perform different calculations, for example a sum. Use the search box to quickly find the formula you need.
- Fields in the Data Browser contain all fields accessible in Insights, i.e. all basic fields plus User-Defined fields handpicked by your Maximizer admin. Clicking on a field in the data browser will include it as part of the formula.
- Filters can be applied to restrict formulas based on criteria. See Insights - Creating Formulas Based on Criteria and Conditions (Filters)
- Starring is a way to save a formula for later use.
- The Formula Editor window can be expanded by clicking the expand button at the top right.