Add an Opt-out Link to an Email Message
By adding unsubscribe merge fields to an email message, you can allow the email recipients to unsubscribe from the current email type or from all email types.
By adding the manage email preferences merge field to an email message, email recipients can opt-in or opt-out of each email type. When a recipient clicks on the Manage your email preference link, Maximizer redirects the recipient to a web page where they can configure their email profile and opt-in preferences for each email type.
- In an email message, put your cursor where you want to add the link.
- Select the Merge Field icon.
- Under Basic Fields, select the merge field.
- Select Manage your email preference to allow email recipients to configure their email profile.
- Select Unsubscribe all emails URL to allow email recipients to unsubscribe from all email types.
- Select Unsubscribe single email type URL to allow email recipients to unsubscribe from only the current email type.
- From the Email type drop-down list, select an email type.
- Click Send when finished.