Moving an Address Book to Another SQL Server
Steps to move your Maximizer Address Book from one SQL Server to another would depend on the version of Maximizer you are currently using.
Maximizer CRM Enterprise 2020 or later
When moving a Maximizer database from one SQL server to another, and after restoring the database and connecting it to Maximizer, it is necessary to map the maximizer_system SQL login from the SQL server to the Maximizer Address Book as the maximizer_system user with the dbo database role.
- On the original server, use the SQL Server Management Studio to back up the database you intend to move.
- Copy the backup to the new SQL server.
- On the new server, open SQL Server Management Studio and restore the backup.
- Expand the restored database and select Security > Users.
- You will see a maximizer_system user already on this database.
- Delete the maximizer_system user. If you get an error, do the following:
- Expand down to the now restored database and click on Storage > Full-Text catalogs.
- For each catalog shown, right-click on each and choose Properties.
- Under General, change Owner from maximizer_system to dbo.
- Once done for all full-text catalogs, try deleting the user again. It should succeed.
- Open Properties for maximizer_system SQL login.
- Select the User mapping page.
- Map the maximizer_system login to the Address Book with dbo role.
- If you have not already done so, you need to add the old SQL server as a linked server (ref: Create linked servers - SQL Server | Microsoft Docs).
- Run the following SQL query against the new SQL server MaConfig database to migrate the ability login with old passwords unto the new SQL server replacing <new sql server name> with the name of the new SQL server, <old sql server name> with the name of the old SQL server and replacing <database name> with the SQL database you are migrating:
INSERT INTO Login_Identity(UserID,[Database],[Server],Salt,[Hash],[Version],[Flags],LastPasswordChange) SELECT UserID,[Database],'<new sql server name>',Salt,[Hash],[Version],[Flags],LastPasswordChange FROM [<old sql server name>].Maconfig.[dbo].Login_Identity WHERE [Database] = '<database name>'
- Now you must employ this database in the new Maximizer CRM Enterprise 2020 environment using the following steps:
- Launch the Maximizer CRM Windows Administrator module on the Maximizer CRM Application Server.
- If prompted to log in click Cancel.
- Click File > New Address Book…
- Change the Database Server to the new SQL Server if need be. Click Next.
- Log in with your SQL server SQL Authentication credentials and click OK.
- Change Target Action to Employ an existing Maximizer database.
- From the Database name dropdown, choose the database you are migrating and click Next.
- Click Start.
- When the employing the database is complete, click Close.
- Click OK after the MASTER password has been set to CONTROL.
- When you get control back again, click File > Open Address Book…
- Select the database you just employed and click Open.
- Type in the MASTER password, which now is CONTROL, and click OK.
Other users should now be able to login to the new server with their current passwords.
Maximizer CRM Enterprise 2019 or earlier
If a Maximizer Address Book in version 2019 format is moved from one SQL server to another, after the Address Book is restored you must perform the following steps otherwise other users besides MASTER will not be able to log in.
Databases in Maximizer version 2019 (or earlier) requires
- In the Maximizer Windows Administrator, employ the database. The MASTER password will be set to CONTROL after this.
- Click Utilities > Upgrade Maximizer CRM V2017 / V2018 / V2019 Database…
- Proceed through the Upgrade process. You will be prompted for the MASTER user and password. Use CONTROL.
- Migration of passwords will begin. After the migration is completed, it will immediately upgrade the database as well.
When successfully logging in for the first time in Maximizer Web Access with their old password after upgrading, each user will be asked to set a new password.