Moving an Address Book to Another SQL Server
If a Maximizer Address Book in v2020 format is moved from one SQL server to another, after the Address Book is restored and employed as Maximizer Address Book for the Maximizer deployment pointing to that SQL server, it is necessary to map the maximizer_system SQL login from the SQL server to the Maximizer Address Book DB as maximizer_system user with dbo database role.
Before you begin, please do not remove the Maximizer database you intend to move from the list of available databases until this whole operation is complete. If you do this too early, you will lose all the original passwords of all your users and will have to reset them all.
- Make a backup of the database you intend to move on the original SQL server.
- Copy the backup to the new SQL server.
- On that same server open SQL Management Studio.
- Restore the DB to new Maximizer deployment SQL server.
- Expand down to the now restored database and click on Security > Users.
- You will see a maximizer_system user already on the database. You need to delete this user as it is not from this server. If you get an error trying this, do the following:
- Expand down to the now restored database and click on Storage > Full text catalogs.
- For each catalog shown, right click on them and choose Properties.
- Under General, change Owner from maximizer_system to dbo.
- Once done for all Full text catalogs, try deleting the user again. It should succeed.
- Open Properties for maximizer_system SQL login.
- Open the User mapping tab.
- Map the login to the Address Book with dbo role.
- If you have not already, you need to add the old SQL server as a linked server. (See Deployment Guide for Windows Authentication for details on how to do this)
- Run the following SQL query against the new SQL server MaConfig database to migrate the ability login with old passwords unto the new SQL server replacing <new sql server name> with the name of the new SQL server, <old sql server name> with the name of the old SQL server and replacing <database name> with the SQL database you are migrating:
INSERT INTO Login_Identity(UserID,[Database],[Server],Salt,[Hash],[Version],[Flags],LastPasswordChange)
SELECT UserID,[Database],'<new sql server name>',Salt,[Hash],[Version],[Flags],LastPasswordChange
FROM [<old sql server name>].Maconfig.[dbo].Login_Identity
WHERE [Database] = '<database name>'
- Now you must employ this database in the new Maximizer CRM v2020 environment using the following steps:
- Launch the Maximizer CRM Windows Administrator module on the Maximizer CRM Application Server.
- If prompted to login click Cancel.
- Click File > New Address Book…
- Change the Database Server to the new SQL Server if need be. Click Next.
- Login with your SQL server SQL Authentication credentials and click OK.
- Change Target Action to Employ an existing Maximizer database.
- From the Database name dropdown, choose the database you are migrating and click Next.
- Click Start.
- When the employing the database is complete, click Close.
- Click OK after the MASTER password has been set to CONTROL.
- When you get control back again, click File > Open Address Book…
- Select the database you just employed and click Open.
- Type in the MASTER password which now is CONTROL and click OK.
- You can now login to Web Access to this migrated database as the MASTER user with the password CONTROL. When you do this the first time, you will be prompted to change it. Make a new password.
- Other users should be able to login to the new server now as well with their old passwords.
If a Maximizer Address Book in v2019 format is moved from one SQL server to another, after the Address Book is restored you must perform the following steps otherwise other users besides MASTER will not be able to log in.
- In the Maximizer Windows Administrator, employ the database. The MASTER password will be set to CONTROL after this.
- Click Utilities > Upgrade Maximizer CRM V2017 / V2018 / V2019 Database…
- Go through the Upgrade process. You will be prompted for the MASTER user and password. Use CONTROL.
- Migration of passwords will begin. After the migration is completed, it will immediately upgrade the database as well.
- The upgrade will complete.
When successfully logging in for the first time in Maximizer Web Access with their old password after upgrade, each user will be asked to set a new password.