Add a Customer Service Case
When creating a new case, you can select an Address Book entry or select an existing customer service case or activity associated with the Address Book entry.
- Click on the Address Book entry or an existing customer service case associated with the Address Book entry to make it the current entry.
– or –
In the Hotlist page, click on an activity associated with the Address Book entry to make it the current entry.
- In the Address Book page, select Actions > Create a Customer Service Case.
– or –
In the Address Book or Customer Service page, right-click and select Create a Case.
– or –
In the Customer Service page, select Edit > Create a case.
– or –
In the Address Book or Hotlist page, in the following pane, select the Customer Service tab, and select the Add icon.
The Details tab opens.
- If necessary, click the Contact field to search for a Contact for the case.
The Contact can be associated with any Company or Individual in the Address Book, and not only with the selected Address Book entry.
- Specify the basic fields for the customer service case.
- Select the applicable Products/Services and Categories for the case.
- Enter a Subject and a Description of the case.
- From the Key Fields for drop-down list, select a Key Fields list, and enter values for the fields in the list.
Key Fields lists contain system fields and user-defined fields. They may include the following fields:
- Follow-up deadline – Select the follow-up deadline for the case.
- Case Owner – Select the Maximizer user who is ultimately responsible for the closure of the case.
- Assigned to – Select the Maximizer user who the case is assigned to.
A Hotlist task, based on the follow-up deadline, is automatically created for the assigned user. The task is automatically modified when the follow-up deadline or assigned user is modified. And when the case is resolved, the task is marked as complete.
- Click Save to save the new customer service case.