Install & Setup Microsoft Outlook Integration
Before using Microsoft Outlook Integration, you must configure Outlook to communicate with Maximizer. You must specify the Maximizer CRM Live URL and the Maximizer user ID and password. You can also set default preferences for creating new Address Book entries, and configure Outlook Synchronization.
The Outlook Integration for Maximizer CRM Live wizard opens automatically when you start Outlook, letting you choose the settings for the integration. After setting up Outlook integration, you can change these settings at any time by selecting the Maximizer CRM Live Outlook Integration Options icon in Outlook.
Installing Outlook integration
- In Administration, select Desktop and Mobile Setup.
- Click Download Outlook Integration.
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location. To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
- If a Security Warning appears, ensure the Publisher is Maximizer Software Inc. then go ahead and click Run.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once installation has completed, click Finish.
- Open Outlook to finish setting up the integration.
Setup Outlook Integration
- After installing Outlook integration for Maximizer CRM Live, open Outlook.
- The Outlook Integration for Maximizer CRM Live wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Maximizer CRM Live URL.
- The URL is in the form https://caw.maximizercrmlive.com/[account name] where [account name] is the name of your corporate account.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Maximizer User ID and Password, and click Next.
- Select the options for creating Address Book entries and saving email messages:
- Select Include attachments when saving email to save email attachments by default to Maximizer entries.
- Select Confirm when saving email and Confirm when creating Contact to specify details before saving email or contact information to Maximizer.
- Select Confirm when sending email to be prompted each time you send an email from Outlook to save the email to Maximizer.
- In the Default Contact type drop-down list, select the type of Address Book entry that is created when you add contacts from Outlook.
- Click Next.
- Specify the frequency for synchronization between Maximizer and Outlook, and click Next.
- Specify the options for synchronizing appointments between Maximizer and Outlook, and click Next.
- Specify the options for synchronizing tasks between Maximizer and Outlook, and click Next.
- Specify the options for synchronizing contacts between Maximizer and Outlook, and click Next.
- Select Synchronize Address Book entries if you want to synchronize contacts between Maximizer and Outlook.
- In the Synchronize Address Book entries from Favorite List drop-down list, select the Maximizer Favorite List that you want to synchronize entries from.
- In the Synchronize Contacts from Outlook Category field, enter the Outlook contact category that you want to synchronize entries from.
- Click Phone Mapping to set up a mapping between Outlook contact phone number fields and the corresponding phone number fields in Maximizer Address Book entries.
- Click Finish.
- You should now see the Maximizer tab in the Outlook Ribbon. The Outlook integration has been successfully installed.
To Set the Outlook Address Book
- Go to the Home tab
- Select Address Book
- Select Tools
- Select Options
A window will open with a drop down menu
- Select, the drop down and select the following option:
- An error message appears with the text: “The setup detects that Outlook is running, please close it first.”
- Outlook wasn’t completely shut down before beginning the installation.
- To ensure Outlook is completely shut down you can use the Windows Task Manager to find any remaining Outlook processes and click End Task to shut them down.
- An error message appears regarding .NET 3.5
- The .NET 3.5 Framework has not been enabled or installed
- Enable or install the .NET 3.5 Framework. Follow Microsoft’s instructions available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10#enable-the-net-framework-35-in-control-panel