Using Word Integration with Protected Documents
Maximizer's Word Integration does not work properly with protected MS Word documents. This is indicated by the following:
- The MS Word icon in Maximizer is visible but disabled.
- Certain buttons under the Maximizer menu in MS Word (eg. Preview) are disabled.
Protected MS Word documents look like this:
You will need to disable Protected View if you wish to use Word Integration against such a document:
- Click the "PROTECTED VIEW" text.
- Click the Protected View Settings link.
- On the Protected View page, uncheck all 3 options:
- Enabled Protected View for files originating from the Internet
- Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
- Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments
Protected View Not Visible
if Protected View (yellow bar at the top of the document) is not visible, you can still disable Protected View:
- In MS Word, select File > Info.
- Click Protect Document and select Enable Editing.