Create a Formula User-Defined Field
Formula user-defined fields calculate values based on other basic or user-defined fields. Because they are calculated from values of other fields, values for formulas fields can be viewed in entries but cannot be set manually.
- In the left navigation pane, click Administration and select Set Up User-Defined Fields.
The Set Up User-Defined Fields dialog box opens.
- Select the tab for the category of user-defined fields you want to work with.
- Select an existing folder, inside which you want to create a new field.
– or –
Select a user-defined field to create the new field at the same level as the selected field.
- Click Add Field and select Formula.
- In the Name field, type a name for the user-defined field.
In the Formula field, enter the formula.
- From the Formula return type drop-down list, select the type of value returned by the formula: Alphanumeric, Date, or Numeric.
- Specify the remaining properties of the field.
- Click Save.
- The user-defined field is added to the list.