MailChimp Setup for Maximizer On-Premise
Create Sync User
- Select Administration.
- Select Administrator.
- Click Users. The list of users is displayed.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- In the General tab, fill in the basic information for the user.
- Enter a unique User ID for the user. Make a note of the User ID you choose, as you will need it later to configure the Sync Service User.
- Enter a Last name and Display name for the user. The Display name will appear in the Created by and Last Modified by fields for synchronized entries, so you should enter a display name that you will recognize as belonging to the Maximizer Connect user.
- Enter an Email address for the user.
- Under Module login, ensure Enabled is selected for Service access and Disabled is selected for Web access.
- Select the Access Rights tab.
- Click Modify User Access Settings to set the access settings for the user.
- Under Permissions, ensure that Read, Insert, Modify, and Delete permissions are granted for Address Book, User-defined fields, and User-defined field setup.
- Under Privileges, ensure Modify other users’ private entries is checked.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Save.
- Select the user in the list and click Password.
- Enter and confirm the new password for the user. Make a note of the password you entered, as you will need it to configure the Sync Service User.
- Click Save.
Install Maximizer Connect
- Double-click the MCIInstaller.msi file to open it. The Maximizer Connect for use with MailChimp setup wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- Accept the license terms and click Next.
- Select the Maximizer Connect Windows Service and Configuration Web Application for Maximizer Connect check boxes to install both Maximizer Connect components, and click Next.
You may choose to install the Windows service and configuration web application on separate servers by selecting only one or the other option on this screen.
- Enter your server information and click Next.
Keep the following points in mind when filling in the values for these fields:
- The Address Book Name field should contain the database name of the Maximizer Address Book that you want to synchronize with MailChimp.
- The Maximizer Web Access URL is the address of Maximizer Web Access, and should look like the following: https://[servername]/MaximizerWebAccess where [servername] is the address where the Maximizer Components for Microsoft IIS are installed.
- The Maximizer.Web.Data URL is the address of the Maximizer.Web.Data service on your Maximizer Web Access server, and should look like the following: https://[servername]/MaximizerWebData/Data.svc where [servername] is the address of your Maximizer Web Access server.
- Specify the setup path for the Maximizer Connect Windows Service, and click Next.
- Enter the details for the User ID and Password, and click Next.
- The User ID and Password fields should contain the credentials of a Maximizer user with Full access to all entries in the synchronized Address Book.
- Select the WebSite in Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) in which to install the Configuration Web Application for Maximizer Connect, and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.
Connecting Maximizer to Mailchimp
- Select App Directory.
- Select MailChimp.
- Click Get it Now.
- Next, open the Address Book module and go to the MailChimp tab.
- If this tab is not visible, select +.
- Enable the MailChimp integrations visibility by selecting the Eye (without a strike through) and press OK.
The MailChimp tab should now be visible:
Now that the MailChimp integration is visible, we need to set up the MailChimp API keys in order to sync data between MailChimp and Maximizer.
- Select the MailChimp tab and then select Maximizer Connect Setup.
- Next, go to https://mailchimp.com/ and log in.
- Once logged in, select:
- User Profile
- API keys
- If no API key has been created before, select Create a Key.
- Copy the API key from the API key field:
If you have already created an API Key, you can select the existing API key and copy.
- Next, take this API key and paste this API Key into the MailChimp API key Field in Maximizer, and select Connect.
- Once you select connect, the MailChimp integration will be authorized to Sync to Maximizer.
- Select Configuration.
- Under Sync list, click Select a Sync List.
- Next, select Edit Sync Settings.
- In here, specify the Synchronization frequency between Maximizer and MailChimp. The options range from every hour to every 24 hours.
- Next, conflict resolution – source of truth – if there is a conflict between MailChimp and maximizer, this setting dictates if Maximizer or MailChimp will override the other. Select, either Maximizer Overrides or MailChimp Overrides.
- Select OK to save these settings.
- Next, we need to sync the fields between Maximizer and MailChimp.
Select Map Fields.
You can map a field by selecting Add Field. Once you select the field in Maximizer that the MailChimp field will be mapped to, you will notice the Maximizer field change from Unmapped to the name of the field that it is mapped to.
- To map a field, select Add Field.
Select the Field in Maximizer to correspond with the stated MailChimp Field.
In the example above, we are mapping Address/Street Address. In Maximizer we would select Address Line 1.
- Continue syncing all the fields and once complete, select OK.
- Next, sync contacts from Maximizer to MailChimp. Go into the Address Book in Maximizer, load up an entry and go to the User Defined Fields tab, then find the MailChimp Folder.
- Once you expand the MailChimp Folder, you will find a field called Sync to Maximizer. The Options are:
- Yes = Sync
- No = Not to Sync
- Once you are done adding Yes Values to contacts you wish to sync between MailChimp and Maximizer, return to the MailChimp Tab and select Reset and Re-Synchronize entire list. The Sync will complete on the next Synchronization cycle.