Move a Contact to Another Company or Individual
You can move a Contact from one Company or Individual to another Company or Individual. The Contact’s notes, documents, and user-defined fields move with the Contact. Appointments and Hotlist tasks are updated to reflect the new location.
- You have a number of options when moving a Contact:
- Change the Contact’s address to the main address of the new Company or Individual.
- Prefix all of the Contact’s notes with text indicating that the Contact has moved.
- Maintain the Contact’s association with opportunities and customer service cases.
- Maintain relationships between the Contact and related entries.
- Update Favorite Lists containing the Contact to reflect the Contact’s move.
- Update campaigns to reflect the Contact’s new location.
- Delete or save the Contact’s entry with the original Company.
- In the Address Book page, click on the Contact entry to make it the current entry.
- Select Edit > Move Selected Contact.
– or –
Right-click and select Move Selected Contact.
The Select Entry dialog box opens.
- Enter the search criteria, and click Search.
- Select the Company you want the contact to move to, and click OK.
The Move Selected Contact dialog box opens.
- Select the options for the move, and click OK.