Change of SQL Server with Maximizer Installation or Upgrade
- Maximizer CRM setup files have been downloaded and unzipped.
- Maximizer Customer ID, PSN (Product Serial Number), PLN (Product License Number) at the ready.
- Make a backup copy of all your production databases except the Ma Config database
- Save these copies to a location on the network so you can move them to new server.
- Restore your backup of the databases on the new SQL Server using SQL Management Studio (SSMS).
- If this server/machine is going to host Maximizer Web Components ( Maximizer Web Access), Install all of the IIS components on the new Server. Additionally, Open Port 5508 in Windows Firewall
- Install all the IIS components on new server. If this machine is going to host Maximizer Web components (Maximizer Web Access) as-well. Open Port 5508 in Windows Firewall outbound to address Global Edit feature of Maximizer.
- Add Windows firewall incoming exception for Port 1433 TCP and 1434 UDP for the SQL Server.
- Run the setup file as admin and proceed with custom install. Deselect the Database components.
- Let Maximizer to connect with your new MS SQL Server. Once the installation is completed, next Install the Product License Numbers (PLN) and activate.
To do this use:
- Desktop Administrator Module
- Install Multi-User License.
- Next, Launch Maximizer Desktop Administrator Module
- New Address Book
- give a name to your MS SQL server in the database server drop-down list
- Provide the MASTER/SA OR Windows login to connect with SQL server.
- Next, to complete the upgrade of Maximizer take the following steps:
- Maximizer Desktop Admin Module
- Upgrade Maximizer
- Select the last option from the upgrade listing
- Pick your database
- Input MASTER user id and password
- When asked to create a backup - Select "No"
- Synchronize your Maximizer user with SQL Server:
To Synchronize Maximizer with the SQL Server go to:
- Maximizer Desktop Administrator
- System Configurations
- Launch your Maximizer Web access using browser and login to Address Books/ Databases and ensure that everything is working as expected.