Track an Outlook Email Thread in Maximizer
You can track an Outlook email thread in your Maximizer Address Book using the Maximizer Outlook Integration add-in. When you choose to track an Outlook email thread, you select a Maximizer Address Book entry and any email responses in the same thread are automatically saved to the entry's documents in Maximizer. By tracking email threads in Outlook you can ensure that important email messages are always saved with the related entries in your Maximizer Address Book and are available when you need them.
Keep the following points in mind when tracking email threads with Maximizer Outlook Integration:
- When you start tracking an email thread, only the current and future emails are saved to the selected Address Book entry in Maximizer. Any existing emails in Outlook that are part of the same thread are not saved to the Address Book entry.
- If another Maximizer Address Book entry is added to an email thread in Outlook that is already being tracked in Maximizer, email messages in the thread are not automatically added to the new Address Book entry's documents. If you want to track the email thread with the new Address Book entry as well, you should stop tracking the email thread and start tracking it again to select the new entry.
- Once you start tracking an email thread, all messages in the thread are saved to the documents of the selected entries. If you no longer need to track an email thread make sure that you stop tracking it to avoid filling up the documents of your Address Book entries with unnecessary emails.
- In Outlook, select or open the email message you want to track.
- In the Maximizer tab, expand the Save and Track menu and select Save and track messages in this thread.
- If the entries that you want to track the email thread with do not appear in the list, click Search Maximizer Address Book entries.
- Enter the Last Name or Company of the Address Book entry that you want to search for and click Search.
- Select the checkbox next to the entries to which you want to save the tracked emails and click OK.
- Select the checkbox in the header row to check or uncheck all of the entries in the list.
- Click View selected entry in Maximizer to open your Maximizer Address Book and view the selected entry.
- Check the box next to each of the entries that you want to track the email thread with and click OK.
- Select the Full access, Read access, and Category properties for the saved email documents.
- Click OK.
This email message and all future email responses to this message are automatically saved to the documents of the selected entries.