Phone an Address Book Entry
You can track outgoing phone calls from the main lists in the Address Book, Opportunities, Customer Service, or Hotlist page and from the Contacts or Related Entries following pane.
If Voice-Over IP (VOIP) or Instant Messaging (IM) integrations are configured, you can select the integration to launch the VOIP or IM software automatically from Maximizer.
You can also take notes on the phone call while the duration is timed. Depending on your logging preferences, an outgoing call note is automatically saved to the Address Book entry, Customer Service case, or Opportunity associated with the call. In the Hotlist page, the note is saved to the Address Book entry associated with the appointment or task.
After completing a phone call, you have the option of scheduling a follow-up activity saved to your Hotlist.
- Click on the Address Book entry, Opportunity, Customer Service case, Hotlist task, or Appointment to make it the current entry.
- Select Actions > Make a Call.
– or –
Right-click and select Phone > Make a Call.
– or –
In the Details tab of an Address Book entry select the Make a call icon.
– or –
In the Details tab of an Opportunity or Customer Service case, under Actions, select Make a call.
- From the drop-down list, select the VOIP/IM application and phone number you are calling, and click Dial.
- The VOIP or IM software is launched.
– or –
If VOIP or IM are not configured, select the phone number you are calling.
- Click one of buttons at the bottom of the Phone Call dialog box to select a response.
If you select Message, No Answer, or Busy, a note is automatically saved to the entry with the result of the call.
If you select Answered, the Phone dialog box opens timing the duration of the phone call.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject for the phone call, and record notes on your call as you talk.
You can continue to work in Maximizer as you are logging the phone call.
If you are logging the phone call from the Address Book page, changes to user-defined fields and some basic fields in the Address Book entry are automatically added to the phone note.
- When the phone call is finished, click Hang Up.
The timer stops.
- Edit the note, and click Save.
If your phone call logging preferences are set to show results on hang-up, you are prompted to select a result of the phone call. Select a value for the result.
- Press Ok.