Splitting a Household
- Select the household.
- Select Edit and click Duplicate Current Entry.
- Edit the original household and place a Star or brackets around the contact who is leaving or will be in the new household.
This is an indicator to inform us that this person is no longer part of this household.
- Create a user defined field called Important Note and ensure you set up this field with enough characters (255 max).
- In this field in the original household, add a note.
For example, x has left on date x, created a new household.
- In the new household, edit the name of the household to omit the party no longer present.
In this case as Jim is retaining the original household, Kathy will be the new household point of contact. In this case, Kathy will also be returning to her Maiden name, Smith. Also update the contact for Kathy.
- In the new household, remove the contact for the person that is not part of this household – make sure you are selecting the right contact for the right household.
- Finally, remove Kathy’s name from the Jim & Kathy Butler Household (the original household).