Add Values to a Field in Multiple Entries Using Global Edit
You can use the Global Edit command to add specific values to fields in multiple entries at a time without replacing the existing values. This procedure applies to multiple-value table user-defined fields and to system fields that can take multiple values, such as products/services and categories.
- Create a list of entries to modify.
– or –
In the current list, select the entries you want to modify.
- Click the checkbox to the left of entries.
- Select Edit > Global Edit.
- If necessary, select a Key Fields list that contains the field or select the User-Defined Fields tab.
- Locate the field and select the value to add to the entries.
- Select the Rule drop-down list. Select Append or Replace.
- Select the value(s) you want to appear in the fields you've selected.
- Click OK to save.
- You are prompted with a message to verify that you want to continue with the operation.
- Click OK to run the global edit.