Import Opportunities from a Comma-Separated-Value/Tab Delimited File
Use this procedure to import opportunities into Maximizer from a comma-separated value (.CSV) or tab-delimited text (.TXT) file. The opportunities will be linked to existing companies and individuals in Maximizer.
To import the rows in the import file as new opportunities, each opportunity must be associated with a company or individual Address Book entry. In order to do this, you must map the Company / Individual IDentification Basic Field to the field in the import file that contains the company or individual IDentification for each opportunity. If this field is not mapped, or if any of the rows in the import file do not contain a valid company or individual IDentification, the rows will not be imported as new opportunities.
- In the left navigation pane, go to Import, and select Comma-Separated Values (CSV) or Tab-delimited from the pop-up window depending on what type of file you want to import.
The Import Wizard opens.
- Click Choose File to select your import file.
- Select the File Encoding and click Next.
If you are unsure which character encoding your file is saved in, consult the documentation of the application you used to create the file.
- Under Choose the type of entries that will be imported into Maximizer, select Opportunities and click Next.
- Hover your mouse over a row under Map to Maximizer Fields and click the arrow icon.
- Select a Basic or User-Defined Field to map to the field, and click OK.
- To exclude a field from being imported, hover your mouse over the row, and click the X icon.
If a field is mapped to the IDentification Basic Field, the values in that field are used to match rows in the import file with existing opportunities based on the following rules:
- If an existing opportunity is found with a match in the IDentification field, the opportunity is updated with the values from the row in the import file.
- If the IDentification field is not mapped, or if no existing opportunity is found with a matching IDentification value, a new opportunity is created with the values from the row in the import file.
If the import file contains a header row, you can choose not to import it by selecting Do not import first record; it is a header.
Click Next to proceed.
- Enter your email address, and click Import Now.
Results of the import are sent to the specified email address.