Save an Email Message to an Entry from Microsoft Outlook
You can save email messages in Microsoft Outlook directly to Address Book entries, Opportunities, and Customer Service cases in Maximizer. Email messages are saved in the documents tab of the selected entries. You can save a single email message or multiple email messages, to an Address Book entry, Opportunity, or case.
If there are no Address Book entries, Opportunities, or Customer Service cases associated with the email message, you can search for entries in your Maximizer Address Book to save the email message to. The email message is then saved to the selected entries as a document. Depending on your logging preferences, notes may be automatically saved to the entries as well.
- In Outlook, select the email message or multiple email messages.
- In the Home, Message, or Maximizer tab, expand the Save to Maximizer menu and select Save to Address Book Entry, Save to Opportunity, or Save to Case.
If the “Confirm when saving email” option is disabled, the email message is saved as a document to the Address Book entry that contains the email address of the sender or recipient, or the opportunity or case whose contact contains the email address of the sender or recipient.
If the “Confirm when saving email” option is selected, the Save Email to Maximizer Address Book Entry, Save Email to Opportunity, or Save Email to Case dialog box opens. The list displays all of the entries that contain the email address of the sender or recipient. If no such entries exist, the list is empty.
- If the entries that you want to save the email to do not appear in the list, click Search Address Book entries, Search opportunities, or Search cases.
- The Search Maximizer Address Book entries, Search Maximizer opportunities, or Search Maximizer cases dialog opens.
- Enter the Last Name or Company of the Address Book entry or opportunity contact that you want to search for and click Search.
– or –
Select the case field to Search for and the value to Search by, and select the case Status that you want to search for and click Search.
The search results are displayed in the list.
- Select the checkbox next to each of the entries to which you want to save the email and click OK.
- Select the checkbox in the header row to check or un-check all of the entries in the list.
- Click View selected entry in Maximizer to open your Maximizer Address Book and view the selected entry.
- If you want to include attachments when saving the email, select the Include attachments option.
- Specify the document properties for the saved email.
- Enter a Name and Description for the document.
- From the Full access and Read access drop-down lists, select the users or groups with rights to the document.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the document category.
- Check the box next to each of the entries that you want to save the email to and click OK.