Import Companies and Individuals from a Comma-Separated Value/Tab-Delimited File
Use this procedure to import companies and individuals into Maximizer from a comma-separated value (.CSV) or tab-delimited text (.TXT) file. You must import the companies/individuals before you can import the contacts associated with the companies/individuals.
- In the left navigation pane, click on Import and select Comma-Separated Values (CSV) or Tab-delimited from the pop-up window depending on what type of file you want to import.
The Import Wizard opens.
- Click Choose File to browse for your CSV or tab-delimited text file, and click Open.
- Select the File Encoding and click Next.
If you are unsure which character encoding your file is saved in, consult the documentation of the application you used to create the file.
- Under Choose the type of entries that will be imported into Maximizer, select Address Book entries.
Under Type of Import, select Companies/Individuals.
- You can select Convert to name case to convert text that is in capital letters to mixed case.
Under Lead Handling, choose Import all entries as leads, and click Next.
The Fields Mapping wizard opens.
- Hover your mouse over a row under Map to Maximizer Fields and click the arrow icon.
- Select a Basic or User-Defined field to map the field, and click OK.
- To exclude a field from being imported, hover your mouse over the row, and click the X icon.
To add entries as Companies, you must map a field in the import file to the Company name field, and no values may be mapped to the Last name field.
To add entries as Individuals, you must map a field in the import file to the Last name field. Individuals may also have values mapped to the Company Name field.
When you later import Contact entries, they are matched using the Company Name or Identification field. You can map a field in the Import file to the Identification field in Maximizer. This field must be unique for each entry.
If the import file contains a header row, you can choose not to import it by selecting Do not import first record; it is a header.
Click Next when finished.
- Enter your email address, and click Import Now.
Results of the import are sent to the specified email address.