MailChimp Setup for Maximizer CRM live
Create Sync User
- Select Administration.
- Select Administrator.
- Click Users. The list of users is displayed.
- Select Add.
- Click OK.
- In the General tab, fill in the basic information for the user.
- Enter a unique User ID for the user. Make a note of the User ID you choose, as you will need it later to configure the Sync Service User.
- Enter a Last name and Display name for the user. The Display name will appear in the Created by and Last Modified by fields for synchronized entries, so you should enter a display name that you will recognize as belonging to the Maximizer Connect user.
- Enter an Email address for the user.
- Under Module login, ensure Enabled is selected for Service access and Disabled is selected for Web access.
- Select the Access Rights tab.
- Click Modify User Access Settings to set the access settings for the user.
- Under Permissions, ensure that Read, Insert, Modify, and Delete permissions are granted for Address Book, User-defined fields, and User-defined field setup.
- Under Privileges, ensure Modify other users’ private entries is checked.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Save.
- Select the user in the list and click Password.
- Enter and confirm the new password for the user. Make a note of the password you entered, as you will need it to configure the Sync Service User.
- Click Save.
Setup MailChimp for Maximizer CRM Live
- Select App Directory.
- Select MailChimp.
- Select Get it Now.
- In the Address Book module go to the MailChimp tab.
- If this tab is not visible, select +.
- Enable the MailChimp integrations visibility by selecting the Eye (without a strike through) and press OK.
Now the MailChimp tab should be visible.
Now that the MailChimp integration is visible, we need to set up the MailChimp API keys in order to sync data between MailChimp and Maximizer.
- Select the MailChimp Tab and then select Maximizer connect setup.
- Next go to https://mailchimp.com/ and log in.
- Once logged in, select:
- User Profile
- API keys
- If no API key has been created before, select Create a Key.
- Next, copy the API key from the API key field:
If you have already created an API Key, you can select the existing API key and copy.
- Take the API key and paste it into the MailChimp API key Field in Maximizer and select Connect.
Now the MailChimp integration will be authorized to Sync to Maximizer.
- Select Configuration.
- Under Sync list, click Select a Sync List.
- Next, select Edit Sync Settings.
- Specify the Synchronization frequency between Maximizer and MailChimp. The options range from every hour to every 24 hours.
- Next, conflict resolution – source of truth – if there is a conflict between MailChimp and Maximizer, this setting dictates if Maximizer or MailChimp will override the other. Select, either Maximizer Overrides or MailChimp Overrides.
- Select OK to save these settings.
- Next we need to sync the fields between Maximizer and MailChimp.
Select Map Fields.
You can map a field by selecting Add field. Once you select the field in Maximizer that the MailChimp field will be mapped to, you will notice the Maximizer field change from (Unmapped) to the name of the field that it is mapped to.
- To map a field, select Add Field.
Select the Field in Maximizer to correspond with the stated MailChimp Field.
In the example above, we are mapping Address/Street Address. In Maximizer we would select Address Line 1.
- Continue syncing all the fields and select OK when complete.
- Next, sync contacts from Maximizer to MailChimp.
In the Address Book in Maximizer, load up an entry and go to the User Defined Fields tab. Find the MailChimp Folder.
- Once you expand the MailChimp Folder, you will find a field called Sync to Maximizer. The Options are:
- Yes = Sync
- No = Not to Sync
- Once you are done adding Yes Values to contacts you wish to sync between MailChimp and Maximizer, go back to the MailChimp Tab and select Reset and Re-Synchronize entire list. The Sync will complete on the next Synchronization cycle.