Importing from Excel to Maximizer
Before importing, you need to ensure that each field is created in its own column in Excel so it is properly transferred over.
Before attempting to import Data from Excel
Review the columns for complex data:
- Multiple fields appearing in single column
- Review the columns for consistency - Phone numbers appearing in Postal Code columns , Incomplete mandatory data (Last name, etc.) , Check dates to make sure they show as dates (ie. 12/31/2016 as opposed to 42735)
- Check for data with multiple lines in single cell
- Check column labels (single cell, no line feeds, no duplicate column labels)
- Clean original data using copy and paste into Notepad and then back into Excel - remove special characters (if identified) or any unnecessary values
If you wish to use a sample file as a template when importing Companies and Contacts only, you can download it here.
- Click on Import, then select File Import.
- Click Start a New Import to begin.
- You can either Drag and Drop or click Select a File to search your desktop for the file
- Select an option for your import under What record type(s) does your import file contain? and click Next.
- Select the options from each drop-down list.
- Click the fields under Destination Maximizer Fields to select Maximizer fields.
To start mapping your fields you can click on Don’t Import.
- A list of Fields will appear on the right side for you to select, with one side for Companies and the other for Contacts.
- Select the toggles under Match on This for both the Company Level and Contact Level.
- Click Next to view the Summary of your import.
- Click Save Template if you wish to use this same template for future imports and skip mapping out the fields again. Click Finish.
- If there are any entries that failed, you can click on the number of failed entries and an excel spreadsheet will be downloaded for you with the list of entries that have failed with the reason, so you can make updates to that same spreadsheet and retry to upload it to Maximizer.
- If all are successfully imported into Maximizer, you can then go to your Address Book/Contact List and access your Favorites List to see the list that you have imported into Maximizer and confirm if all information has been imported correctly.