Working with User-Defined Fields
Keep the following points in mind when working in the User-Defined Fields tab:
- User-defined fields are displayed in a tree view, where fields are nested within folders.
- Click in the Value(s) column next to a field to add or modify a user-defined field value.
- Use the options in the Filter drop-down list to display only specific types of user-defined fields, for example table or formula fields.
- When you select the Show blank fields option, all user-defined fields in the Address Book for the type of entry are displayed. When you clear this option, only the fields with existing values are displayed.
- When you select the Show hidden fields option, fields and folders that are set to hidden appear shaded. When you clear this option, the fields and folders are completely hidden.
- Mandatory fields are denoted with an asterisk displayed after the field name and type. System-defined fields are shown in bold, black text.
- Use the search box to search for a user-defined field in the list. When you search for a user-defined field, the number of matching fields is displayed and the list is filtered to display the matching fields only. All matching fields are displayed even if they are hidden or blank, regardless of whether or not hidden or blank fields are shown.
- Opportunities and Customer Service cases display the user-defined fields for the associated Address Book entries, as well as the user-defined fields for Opportunities or Cases.
Contacts display the user-defined fields for the associated Companies or Individuals, as well as the user-defined fields for Contacts.