Import Contacts from a Comma-Separated-Value/Tab-Delimited File
Use this procedure to import Contacts into Maximizer from a comma-separated value (.CSV) or tab-delimited text (.TXT) file. The Contacts will be mapped to existing Companies and Individuals in Maximizer.
- In the left navigation pane, click Import, and select Comma-Separated Values (CSV) or Tab-delimited depending on which type of file you want to import.
The Import Wizard opens.
- Click Choose File to browse for your CSV or tab-delimited text file, and click Open.
- Select the File Encoding and click Next.
If you are unsure which character encoding your file is saved in, consult the documentation of the application you used to create the file.
- Under Choose the type of entries that will be imported into Maximizer, select Address Book entries.
Under Type of Import, select Contacts.
- You can select Convert to name case to convert text that is in capital letters to mixed case.
Under Lead Handling, choose either Import all entries leads or as non-leads, and click Next.
The Fields Mapping screen opens.
- Map each field in the import file to a field in Maximizer, and click Next.
- Hover your mouse over a row, and click the arrow icon.
- Select a Basic or User-Defined field to map the field, and click OK.
- To exclude a field from being imported, hover your mouse over the row, and click the X icon.
The entries are matched to existing Companies and Individuals in Maximizer using the Company Name or Identification field. If an entry does not have a value mapped to one of these fields, it will not be imported.
If the import file contains a header row, you can choose not to import it by selecting Do not import first record; it is a header.
- Enter your email address, and click Import Now.
Results of the import are sent to the specified email address.