Time a Task
You can use a timer to time tasks while working in Maximizer and have the activity saved as a note with the current entry. You can time a task from most Maximizer modules. However, a note is saved only when you time a task from the Address Book, Opportunities, Customer Service, or Hotlist page.
You must have your logging preferences for Timers set to Notes or Both to save a note for the task.
You can create a list of entries and work through the list while keeping the timer open. Notes will be created for each entry as you work down the list.
- Click on the entry to make it the current entry.
- Select Actions > Time a task
– or –
Right-click and select Time a task.
– or –
In the following pane, select the Details tab, and under Actions, select Time a task.
The Timer opens showing the duration of the current task.
- In the Subject field, enter the text to save with the note.
Click Pause to pause the timer. You can click Pause again to restart the timer.
Click Reset to start the timer again without saving the note.
- When you complete the task, click Stop.
- The note is saved with the entry.
- If necessary, use the Previous and Next buttons to work through the list, then click Start to start the timer again.