Insights - Dashboard Backup (Important)
How to Backup Insights Dashboards
To avoid losing dashboards, we highly recommend doing a contingency backup after any major changes.
Why is this important?
If the dashboard owner unexpectedly leaves the company and this user will be deleted or disabled in Maximizer, all dashboards he created will be lost. Having a backup version of the dashboard can be very handy as it can save you from rebuilding the dashboard from the scratch.
To backup Insights dashboard:
- Pick the dashboard you want to back up from the dashboard list on the right side.
- Click 'Options' followed by 'Export'.
- The .dash file is now added to your local Downloads folder. Now you can freely move these files to the place appropriate for the backup.
To restore a dashboard:
- Click '+' followed by 'Import Dashboards'
- Pick the .dash file you would like to restore.